Exercises Anyone Can Use to Stay Healthy while Staying at Home
Staying active with your family during quarantine doesn’t have to mean sticking to the same old routines! In fact, finding new and exciting ways to exercise with your kids can make it easier to stick to your health and fitness goals. So, if you are looking for some creative ways to help your entire family exercise more, whether at home or outdoors, you should check out these tips.
Try Family-Friendly Yoga
If you’re looking for a way to strengthen your mind and body, yoga may be it. Plus, you can easily get your entire family interested in this wellness-boosting workout.
- A family yoga practice can help keep your mind focused and calm but it can also help keep your children flexible and in control of their emotions.
- You can get started with your family practice by setting up a yoga room in your home.
- Then, look for family-friendly online classes on sites like YouTube.
- If you can safely get to a local park, you can also practice yoga outside with your family.
Build a Kid-Friendly Home Gym
If your gym is closed, you can set up a workout space at home. So, why not include some equipment and exercises that will be fun for your kids as well?
- An effective home gym doesn’t have to be complicated so long as you have the right workout equipment and placement.
- You can add in some equipment for your kids as well to have them exercise with you.
- Then, consider mounting a TV so you can enjoy shows and movies while you work out.
- If you have space, you can try one of these Disney-inspired workouts with your kids.
Mix It Up With Martial Arts
If you’re not already doing martial arts with your kids, you could be missing out on some big benefits for your health and fitness. So think about practicing with your kids at home.
- In addition to building strength and encouraging kids to stay active, martial arts can also help them build confidence, focus, and discipline.
- You can burn more than 500 calories practicing martial arts for just one hour.
- Before you get started, be sure to read through this checklist for martial arts students.
Take Family Workouts Outside
While staying at home may keep your family safe, you should know that spending time outside can also be important for your health and fitness. So, try exercising outside every now and then.
- A mere 120 minutes of outdoor time each week can be enough to protect your family’s physical and emotional health.
- You can get those 120 minutes by taking a walk, going for a run, or riding bikes together.
- But if you want to stick closer to home, you can also try one of these backyard activities.
- If you’re up for a bigger adventure, you could also try hiking with your children.
Working out as a family can be healthy and fun, so don’t let your fitness routine fall to the wayside because of COVID-19! Look for safe and exciting tricks to keep your entire family active while you stay safe during the pandemic and use the resources above as a guide.
-Anya Willis from www.fitkids.info
Photo Credit: Pexels
Leave a Comment